Tree FellingUpdated: April 29th, 2017
Over the last 20 years quite a few trees have been felled for two major reasons: As the years dawn and the trees grow this is an ongoing process
- Type B: Along the bund and it's immediate edges to stop large trees from falling and damaging the bund and others towards the river to delay erosion.
- Type L: Around the vegetable growing area, mostly for extra light.
- Type K: Clearing tree near Kerensa Gardens for damage limitation and light for their property.
- Type T: Along the main access track for general safety and maintenance.
April 29th B
1. Felled large Birch tree growing out of the side of the bund to the boat
2. Half the Ash at the beginning of the bund
3. Willow just after the turn of the bund to the boat goes north
4. A few willows cut through to fall towards the river to see if they will form a barrier to erosion
April 11th T
Felled big branched trunk of ash with Gavin's company