Himalayan Balsam: 2017Updated: October 16th, 2017Created: April 25th, 2017
The main reason for the grid is that Area 2 covers three major problem, which may not be the last, namely
a) The large patch of Japanese Knotweed (E8)
b) The failure of the bund by the Japanese Knotweed (E9)
c) A major break in the bund (F3?)
The southern end of Area2 is 35m from the drain that separates the lower fields Area2 and Area3 or 25m from the damaged bund drain.
- September 25th: 110 Working south from Area1 to the breach including odd square belonging to 'The Stables' (15)
- September 23rd: 59 Up to the breach
- August 30th: 55Starting at inlet and moving south
- August 29th: 24
- August 12th: 34
- August 5th:
6 Along the bund up to breach.
39 From mooring south some 20yds max
- August 1st: 139 All bund up to breach.
- 24th July 35 Bund cleared to breach,some 90m from JK; both river and drain sides.
- 24th July 92 29 from the Japanese Knotweed Patch the rest from the next 60m.
- 23rd July Cleared the top of the bund with brush-cutter up to the breach. (F3:F6&E7)
- 23rd July 19 From north west corner south along drain (D0:D1)
- 19th July Not technically part of Area2 but the squared off bit (12m x 12m) the north west corner. (D0)
- 2nd June 13 in the north east corner (F0). None seem to be spreading out from there. I wonder if the high water table and influx of reed has nigh on stopped them expanding
Links to other areas by page no.