Vera persists with her area in the compost field.
Matt from the village gave up after one stint last spring and Nigel never got started.
I am managing to increase my area slowly and the output, in terms of £, is up some 43% this year.
Bummer! Most of my tomatoes, jalapeno peppers and chillies died in a night of frost. I not only failed to cover them in the greenhouse, but left the window open.
This has set me back a month or more.
Half of the courgettes and the only butternut squash also died.
I've brought them into the caravan to see if any will recover.
Another bummer. The very high tides came over the bund and washed away six bags of rhizomes. I knew the bund wasn't high enough in some places on very high tides, but in the heat of working on the patch I didn't think about it.
I have found them and will have to keep an eye open for any growths over the whole fields, some 11 acres or more. :'(
In future all rhizomes will be moved to the garden and burnt.
May 14th. First big burn with the help of Steve
May 18th. Hope to complete the 'first'knotweed pull today. DONE Intend to check in a few weeks. -:- 11.55 Posted details on main site.
June 18th. Second complete pull done today.