7 Oct: Gavin said he had a brilliant encounter whilst preparing one of the beds in the 'Compost Field' that Vera used afore.
2 Aug: Again whilst cooking the fox wandered up as close as 4m and looked around for about 9 minutes.
20 Jul: Whilst cooking outside a fox came by some 5 m away and stopped. I said hello and it walked on to the apple tree.
10 Aug: Arose to see what was making the noise to find:
Although I've seen foxes before and on the land, never very close; so it's a bit of a surprise and a delight to have seen one by the caravan.
The first time was on I managed to get my old phone to take a snap which only showed a brown blur to the east of the veggie patch. Today however, even though I had to switch my Galaxy S3 on, I managed a dozen snaps while the fox wandered from the same easterly point,
below the onion beds,
into the bin area and up through the hedge to the adjacent field.
There are a few aspects of this field that are usefull to document.
- The entrance: Gate and parking
- Paths to top and far fields: Generally the paths are to assist in making it easier to cross the field to get to the east and to the top of the field. Since 2015 I am using a clearingsaw/brush cutter.
This image is from summer 2015 just after I bought the clearing saw and before I had finished the path to the top of the field on 8th August
- Ragwort removal: 2015
If not for it's invasiveness an attractive plant from South Africa.
There have been three areas of growth, originating from allowing a landscaper to dump vegetation.
- Vera's old veggie plot: Pretty sure I have got all of them this spring, since Vera vacated.
- A patch between my blackcurrants: Dug up and crushed
- Triangle field: Last year I used the brush cutter on the patch and reduced it's size and will further reduce it today.