The ELF trust Admin seems pretty sketchy at times, not surprisingly as most of the work is landscaping and organic food plots.
The most frequent issue is neighbour problems.
Currently they are
- Issues over abuse of water contract with Townsend's
Link to letters ('The Townsend Tango' requires authorisation to view)
Update on small claim
- Rubbish being dumped on the land by neighbours at Harewood Gardens
- Use of land by Okel Tor as part of the footpath they have provided to the public
- Unauthorised cutting of trees by the Kings at Trekensa Gardens
- Still have to establish proper understanding of boundary fence with owners of part Harewood House
And of course there is the planning issue.
As intended most of the land is for wildlife, and benefiting the organic food growing, which reduces the need to maintain much of the land.
The largest field, some seven acres has been mowed every other year to keep some open space and provide compost material.
Other fields get biannual management to varying degrees.
There is considerable work being done on removing Giant Hogweed, Japanese Knotweed, and Himalayan Balsam with payment from Natural England in support.
Ragwort had always been removed due to neighbours having grazing animals.
I spend a up to six days a year working on the common right of way to the land which is owned by the Kings at Kerensa Gardens.
A major new job is in the 'Compost Field' where the mostly hazel hedgerows are being cut back. This is largely due to adjacent fruit trees but this feild is due for a limited makeover.