lyocell- a fibre made from trees
PLA fabric made from fermented food waste
artificial vegan leather made from pineapple
The problem with micro-fibres from washing plastic clothes:
Had a few thoughts over the years, lost a pair of secateurs last year, or before, and what with mobile phones and spectacles that can costs hundreds the acquisition of a metal detector is becoming more attractive.
One issue is a rechargeable battery.
Some sites are:
http://www.toptenreviews.com/electronics/family/best-metal-detectors/ (Garret 250)
http://www.joanallen.co.uk/ Tel: 01959 571255 (Fisher 44 and 75)
Minelabs.com: some rechargeable options maybe
Garret (250, 400)
Given the difficulty and some danger in traversing the wetlands come mashes, due more so now the bund is deteriorating with consequential gaps and holes etc. I am considering getting a remote controlled aircraft to carry a camera. This will allow me to search the area without blindly traipsing through all the undergrowth which is some 18 acres.
I have spoken to Mike Inwood of Buildyourowndrone.co.uk the best part of an hour and have been sent a list of parts he recommends. A copy of the email is the text of comment 1.
To read the ongoing query and analysis on how best to build see the new blog rcav (radio controlled aerial vehicle)
Generally the parts I can think of are:
- Frame: to hold motors, batteries, flight controller receiver, camera(s), gimbal
- Motors: Four motors powerful enough to carry the weight of the above
- Propellers: Suited to motors, lift and speed
- Batteries: Consider weight to motors power to lift and hence range of flight
- Flight camera: Small front facing for navigation
- Photgraphic / Video scanning camera
- Gimbal for scanning camera, especially if there is no navigation camera
- Battery charger
- Hand held Transmitter for controller
- Viewing screen for cameras
- Motor/Flight controller
- Onboard Receiver for controller
- Software for flight controller
- Software for cameras
The two major concerns are a) trying to find non-Chinese parts and b) if I don't use recommended parts: compatibility of the parts.