See old website for general info.
Opens new tab or window.
June 14th None yet
- May 19th 1 Felling some willow towards the river I came across what looks like a giant hogweed. It's covered in mud but the shape of the leaves define it from common hogweed. It's very small and most likely from an upstream seed.
- April 23rd 0 Checked the western marsh/copse
- April 11th 1 Some 9m ENE of the swamp cypress with substantial roots so must have been there last year.
- April 4th 2 by the boat
- July 15th 1 In the copse near Lowena. Fair size pulled by hand
- April 18th 2 by the boat
- April 15th Traversed the marsh west, through the copse and along the western boundary and saw none, not that I checked overly well.
- June 9th One by the bow of the boat
- May 3rd Searched the west marsh and found one by the channel at the western boundary. More signs of trespass.
- April 29th Removed 9 at the bow of the boat, again and must check again in six weeks or so.
- March 29th Clear north of the boat to the breach
- March 29th Cleared carr and west. Noticedsigns of trespassand increasing damage to bund
Diary July 2013
The triangle field
11th July Pulled 152 including half a dozen a few days ago; all from the bottom of the triangle field. Found none anywhere else so far.
13th July Pulled a few adjacent the path on the way to Site 1(g)
15th July Pulled 63 from the bottom of the triangle field, one from the ridge and none from the rest; all the way to the top.
16th July Found 3 along the path on the way back from pulling Himalayan Balsam
17th July Found 1 in the path on the way back from Giant Hogweed expedition and pulling Japanese Knotweed
19th July Found six on the path to the caravan
20th July Pulled 132 from the bottom of the triangle field. That the bag was stuffed shows there were some pretty large plants that had gone unnoticed during earlier travels.
20th July Pulled another 32 this evening on my second attempt to get to the far fields.
21st July Morning: Pulled 15 on travels to and from the far fields.
21st July Evening: Pulled another 14 on travels to the far fields.
22nd July Morning: Found 1 in north west of the far field and 15 more in the bottom of the triangle field on the way to the far north east to plant an Oak tree with Jiva for Gina's birthday.
23rd July: Pulled 55 from the bottom of the field.
24th July: Pulled 28 from the slope upward, most of which were on the western side and 7 from the bottom of the field but north of the track to Riverland.
25th July Found 1 in the path on the way back from pulling Himalayan balsam from the far fields.
Morning Found 22 in the bottom of the field on the way to and from pulling Himalayan balsam from the far fields
Evening Found 12 more in the bottom of the field on the way to and from pulling Himalayan balsam from the far fields
The Far Fields
20th July Found one in site 1(a) whilst checking for Himalayan Balsam.
21st July Morning: Found 11 in north west of the far field.
22nd July Evening: Found 1 in west of the far field.
22nd July: Found one in the bender area.
Pages 2 and 3 are records of work for July & August 2013
Page 5 is the records of work for 2014
Last pull 9 days ago makes quite a difference.
5th August Pulled 87 from the bottom of the triangle field.
6th August Pulled 50 from top of the triangle field.
9th August Pulled 13 from bottom of the triangle field and 2 from the small triangle field; towards the gate.
10th August Pulled 16 from bottom of the triangle field en route to far fields.
18th August Pulled 49 from bottom of the triangle field.
19th August Pulled 19 from top half of the triangle field.
22nd August Pulled 2 from bottom of the triangle field en route to and from the far fields.
24th August Pulled 9 from bottom of the triangle field en route to and from the far fields.
25th August Pulled 2 from bottom of the triangle field en route to and from the far fields
Total for August 2013 247
5th September Pulled 44 from bottom of the triangle field and 2 from the small triangle field en route to and from the far fields.
6th September Pulled 12 from bottom of the triangle field and 10 from the top of triangle filed. Later in the evening found one in the Yellow patch in the far field.
20th September Pulled 29 from bottom of the triangle field.
None found it the top of the field
A single large rooted one was found in patch A of Site 1 (Himalayan Balsam map)
26th September Found 1 in bottom of the triangle field on way to far fields.
8th October Found 8 in the bottom of the triangle field and one in patch 1red in the far field.
The triangle field
13 October Found 1 on way up the field to far fields.
8 October Found 3 on way up the field to get Orange signal.
30 September Found 2 just off the track, on way to the far fields
20 September Found 1 on the track, returning from the far fields
16 September 6 Three to the west, 1 in the middle of the flat north of the track to the far fields and two to the west of the track.
6 September 6 found at the bottom
2 September 6 found on the way to and from the far fields.
21 August 1 just north of the track to the far fields.
16 August 4 in the bottom.
8th August 9 in the bottom and 4 on slope.
30th July 1 in the bottom of the field; on way to the far fields.
27th July (quite a difference from last year as by now I had pulled approx. 450)
Found 18 in the lower part and one to the west side on the slope
Walked across the bottom but didn't see any?
Checked halfway across the bottom but didn't see any; too early to be visible above the grass etc. I think?
6 September 1 in north west.
17th August 4 in the north west corner and 1 in the small triangle field near the entrance to the Far Fields
30th July 10 in the north west corner, Riverland, and 1 to the east-south
Found 1 flowering in the north-east of Riverland and 1 on the path between the top and lower fields thereof.
Total for August 2014 18
Date of Logging | Job Description
- Tuesday 16th January | Collect more leaves
- Wednesday 24th January | Prepare box for peppers and tomatoes ✓
- Sunday 4th February | Make 3rd bed. near greenhouse …
- Monday 12th February | Collect wild compost for leeks and lettuce
- Monday 13th February | Make a separate, distant, bed for more wheat ？