Giant Hogweed 2002-2017Updated: August 30th, 2017
See old website for general info.
Opens new tab or window.
- August 29th One By the boat 50cm high
- August 5th N1: One on the drain side of the bund some 45yds before the breach
- July 1st W1:
Further emails led me to check for the stray plant again. This time I managed to climb some tree to get pictures but still found nought.
I found the common hogweed (heads in bucket below) between the two shrubs; a slight lightening of the reeds from the more forward shrub shows where I passed.
- June 26th W1:
Call from Hugh Tyler to let me know someone saw a single giant hogweed, 50m downstream from the boat:
June 29th W1: I only found a normal sized common hogweed, picture of flower heads taken: to the right.
- in willow carr and two along the western boundary with Okel Tor
- April 22nd NI: Walk length and found none, but see Northern Bund post.
- April 22nd W1: 11 just north of boat
- April 26th W2: 0!A little distracted
Comments Only visible when logged in